Friday, October 16, 2009

November 16th is the magic day!

This has been quite a busy week. It started on a high note, when we got word that we will be closing on November 16th - only a month away!! To say we are excited is an understatement. The timing couldn't be better - we have to be out of this apartment on the 24th, which will give us a week leeway. I will be away at a women's retreat from the 13th to the 15th. There won't be much for us to do that weekend, as we are not allowed to do ANYTHING to the house until it is officially ours. Plus, we'll be in by Thanksgiving. Yea!! We've scheduled the movers to get our big furniture on the 23rd, a day I have off from school. The public schools are still in session, but that's even better. We'll be moved in by the time they get off the bus. We plan to spend the week of the 16th painting, installing new appliances and a garage door opener, and putting in solar electricity. So much to do, but all so worth it!
Mom and Dad's room - closets on either side and Benjamin standing in the bathroom.

The interior doors and trim have been installed.
I am amazed at the amount of trash our one house is generating.

We often see our blueprints haphardardly shoved into a corner on laying on the floor. They must not use them too often. Hopefully they've made other "monroe" models before and know what they're doing.
Family room and dinining room, all textured and ready.


The walls and ceilings show their texture, awaiting paint.

Our yard is now graded and awaiting landscaping.


On Wednesday, they put the primer on the exterior of the house.

Awaiting the concrete


They were busy today - when I came by at 2:30, the outside paint was on. Inside, they were working on the interior paint, so I didn't get to go around. I also met the cabinet delivery team. We now have kitchen cabinets sitting in our living/dining room. They're scheduled to be installed on Monday.



The white around the windows, etc. will be a nice shade of red. My mother-in-law asked me if I like the color. Yes! I have to - it's what we chose and what we're stuck with. But, I do like it and I think it's going to look great with the red trim.

Oops - forgot to turn this picture. Oh well - It's our sidewalk. The driveway will be done with pavers.

No comments: