Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Friday, May 25, 2007
We now have official evidence that Jonathan, who has consistently been in the 10th percentile for height and weight, has grown. On Saturday, when we went to EPCOT, he was finally tall enough to go on two big rides - Test Track and Soarin'. We started with Soarin', which he loved, as you can see by the top picture. Then we ventured over to Test Track, where you ride in a car that goes over 60 MPH. Here he is, sitting between Mommy and Daddy, not enjoying the ride one bit. We thought he would love it, since he plays with cars 24/7. Turns out it was a little too fast and intense for him. So next time we'll skip Test Track and ride Soarin' over and over!
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Friday, May 18, 2007
- June 9 - 10: Drive to Indianapolis, with a stop at Mammoth Cave
- June 10 - 12: Stay in Indianapolis with Karen's college roommate Loui and her husband Carl
- June 12 - 14: Stay at Wisconsin Dells
- June 14 - 20: Stay with Dave, Jodie, and Liesl in Duluth. Karen is running Grandma's half marathon, and Dave is running the full marathon. Chris and Alexander are also running a 5K the night before the marathon.
- June 20 - 22: Stay with our friends the Elmquists (Jonathan's best friend!) in Rice Lake, Wisconsin. They moved there in December and we can't wait to see them again.
- June 22-23: Drive to Toronto
- June 23 - 27: Stay in Toronto and explore the city. We've never been there, and are excited to see it. We're also going to check out Niagra Falls!
- June 27: Drive to Lewisburg and stay with Cindi's family
- June 28: Drive to Allentown!!!!! It will be our "home base" for the rest of the trip.
- June 30: Karen's 20th high school reunion. Are we really that old???
- July 1 - 7: Bear Creek Camp for Benjamin and Alexander!!! Alexander is staying for 3 nights, and after we drop him off, Chris and I are going to stay at a hotel in the Poconos.
- July 16 - 20: Chris and I go to NYC for the week with a group from Volusia County Schools. The three boys are staying with Gram and Pop-Pop and attending their VBS.
- Sometime after July 20th: Drive home! We have to be home by July 27th, when we have tickets to see the London Symphony Orchestra perfoming Beethoven's Ninth Symphony! One of our friends, Gretchen, is in the chorus.
Well, that's a not-so-short summary of our trip. We hope to visit many of our friends while we are in Allentown in July. If you have any suggestions for our trip, let us know!!! We have 3 DVD screens to install in our car, which should help our trip go smoother.
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Friday, May 11, 2007
On the way home from the YMCA this morning, I saw the sun for the first time in a week. It wasn't obscured by the smoke or haze. The winds have shifted, and our area is clear of smoke for the time being. We can open the windows and play outside again! Yea!