Saturday, January 12, 2013

A weekend away

Welcome to my first attempt to blog from my phone. We'll see how it goes. I have been on a retreat all weekend without a computer.

On Thursday, I realized how important a concrete goal is. It was moms birthday, so we took her out to Mamma Mia's. we got home by 7:00, and I knew I was scheduled to run 5 miles. I didn't want to do it. Not at all. But I also knew that I was leaving for the retreat the next day and it would be impossible to run on Friday. So I dragged my butt to the Y and did a 5 mile speed work run. I can't say I love speedwork, but I suffered through it.

I was unable to run on Friday, but I got up early this morning to do a 4 mile easy run. The plan is to get up tomorrow to finish the week with 6 miles. I was hoping to run it with Chris in the afternoon, but when the forecast is 80 degrees, I had better set that alarm! N I will total up the week and year after tomorrow's run.

No comments: