Wednesday, June 20, 2007

An Ode to Alexander


Last night, as we were packing up to leave Duluth, I took the laundry out of the washer and discovered I had inadvertantly washed my cell phone! Yes, the phone I am using to try to get a job sometime this summer, the phone that has all of our contacts in it! Forgetting Alexander was standing there, I said to Chris, "I am such an idiot!!" Alexander looked at me very seriously and said "You're not an idiot." I told him he was right, I just felt like an idiot. Then I told Chris that we do not have $200 for a new phone (again forgetting Alexander was right there.) Alexander got tears in his eyes and said, "You can have my $10. I don't really need a souvenier, anyway. Do you have $190???" Isn't he the most thoughtful, sweetest boy ever??

This morning, I put my phone back together after it had dried out, and it worked!!!! So I guess he will get to buy something afterall.

No comments: