Monday, January 28, 2008

A job!!!

While it is not a full-time job, today I signed a contract with one of my Stetson professors. He owns an educational consulting company that has been tasked with writing curriculum units on African American History. He was looking for someone to write elementary units and asked me!!! I'll be getting paid a good hourly wage and be able to work from home while Jonathan is at preschool. I may even look into extending his time at school, depending on how many units he wants me to write. It will take about 20 hours per unit, which will probably take me 2 weeks with Jonathan's current schedule. If he goes to the full time program, I should be able to write one per week. I am so excited to have meaningful employment (even if it is only through May 31st) and enough money to pay our bills. This week I'll be working all week at the elementary school doing testing, and then I'll get started at my new "job" on Monday! It will be an adjustment for all of us (I can't do laundry and cook while working) but I'm looking forward to the change of pace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!