Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Year's Resolution

Well, it's that time of the year again. I don't usually make resolutions, but this year I am motivated to. See, I have somehow managed to gain about 10 pounds since this summer. I have this uncanny ability to put weight on quickly. This time it was caused by a few factors. I've been lax about what I eat. Despite being married for 15 years, I still think I can eat whenever I want just like Chris. Unfortunately, that's not true. I also can't resist chocolate or cookies sitting around the house. While I try not to have them here, lately they've crept into the house. My lack of a job has been a factor, too, because I eat when I'm depressed. Or bored. Or angry. You get my drift.

So, now the time has come to get that weight off. After Alexander was born, I lost over 60 pounds with Weight Watchers. I just can't bear to start counting points again, so I'm going to try it on my own for a month and see what happens. Here's my plan:
  • Exercise more. I already run 4-5 times a week, but I'll walk or ride my bike whenever possible. I also got a mini-trampoline for Christmas (thanks, Cindi!) that I can use at night.
  • Eat only when hungry. I wish I knew why this is so hard for me. But it is.
  • Choose fruits and veggies first for snacks.
  • Keep the junk that tempts me out of the house
I'm hoping that by posting this for everyone to see, I'll be motivated to contine. My goal is to lose 5 pounds by the end of the month. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: