Thursday, April 9, 2009

Painting, painting, and more painting...

This morning I woke up, knowing I had to do the woodwork in the boys room. Note to self - next time, paint the woodwork the same color as the walls!! What a pain. I found a great wedge brush, though, and the painting went faster than I expected.

While waiting for the paint to dry, we began washing ALL of the walls in the house. Now there's a fun job. NOT. It was tough for me because of my allergies, and Chris ended up doing the lion's share of the work. After awhile, I went and starting putting the boys' room back together. They have just fallen asleep in their new, green and blue room. These pictures show what happens when you let pre-teen boys choose the colors for their room. It actually turned out better than I expected, now that the furniture is back in.





No pictures up, yet, but that will come later. I'm sure they'll decide some of the pictures are too babyish now.



We put two bookshelves in their room, and they are almost full.
When we took the bookshelves out of Jonathan's room (which is now a horrible mess), we discovered that all the walls are marked up horribly. (look at the picture!!) So guess what we'll be doing tomorrow?? You got it, painting Jonathan's room. His Grandma took him to Sherwin Williams, where he picked out a nice yellow called "butter up." We limited him to yellow so we wouldn't need to do more than two coats of paint. At this rate, I'm going to need a spring break to recover from my spring break!!!

No comments: