Saturday, August 25, 2007

It is way too hot and humid!!

Now, I know we live in Florida and I shouldn't be complaining, but this past month has been unreasonably hot and humid. An article in the paper the other day had a graphic demonstrating how much above average our temperatures have been. I half expected this, for we had a beautiful, cool spring. Now we are paying the price. It's been in the mid-nineties most days this month, and the humidity is almost unbearable. This morning I had a ten mile run to do, and I was soaked with sweat after only five minutes. Luckily, the sun decided to stay behind the clouds for my whole run, so it was tolerable. I left the house at 6:35, which is a bit late. If the temperatures stay this warm, I need to leave the house by 6AM. I have a problem with that, though. There's an unwritten rule that no one should have to get up before 6 on a weekend. Unfortunately, I'll be doing just that next Saturday. Unless a hurricane blows thrhrough and takes all the humidity and heat with it.

No comments: