Saturday, September 8, 2007

Another job update

Well, the paper Friday brought depressing news. Volusia County lost about 1,000 students this year. With the 11 day count in, they are going to reassign teachers, and even possibly lay off some teachers. (Link: http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Headlines/frtHEAD01090707.htm)With that news, I've started to look for other tutoring opportunities. There are two tutoring centers within 2 miles from my house, and both are hiring. I'll substitute when the opportunity arises, and just wait and see if any openings come up throughout the school year.

On the bright side, I have the time to exercise 6 days a week, and I'm getting fitter and stronger. This morning I ran a "fun run" half marathon in DeLand. I didn't post my best time, but it was hot and I DID burn 1,700 calories! If things keep up like this, I'll be poor, but I'll be the fittest I've ever been! There's always a bright side, right???

No comments: