Sunday, October 7, 2007

Good news for WalMart haters....

As some of you may know, I have been boycotting WalMart for a few years now. The reasons are many: low-paid, ill treated workers, mom and pop stores going out of business, poor quality items, little to no customer service, etc. The last time I was in a WalMart I was buying something at 10PM when all the other stores were closed. Boy do I hate that store.

My cousin George (GJ to some of us) sent me this great link. http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB119135657404946747-lMyQjAxMDE3OTAxMzMwNTM2Wj.html It's an article from the Wal Street Journal, documenting WalMart's decline. Make sure to click on the video to watch the insidious spread of WalMart throughout the country. There's another SuperWalMart to be built in Port Orange that is meeting lots of local resistance. They have delayed the zoning hearing for another 4 months. I'm holding my breath, hoping they defeat it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We haven't been to %*$&-Mart since I don't know when. It's gotta be 2.5 years or something like that. We both hate that store too. Hopefully Owen will grow up and learn to hate WalMart too! hahaha

Karen and Chris said...

We've managed to brainwash the boys. None of them like WalMart. In fact, I don't think Jonathan has ever been in one!