Saturday, December 13, 2008

One down, two to go

Well, the inevitable happened today. Benjamin beat me in a 5K. We were running together for almost the whole race, but then at the last half mile a friend of mine (who had already finished) ran back and paced Benjamin and Tanner. They beat me by about 20 seconds.

On the bright side, Chris won a $25 gift certificate to a local restaurant, and I came in second in my age bracket!!! It's the first time I've won an award. I kept looking at the results board, unable to find my name. I'm usually near the bottom of the 35-39 year olds. Turns out I was at the top! I won a trophy and a free appetizer at the same restaurant. Yea!!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Horray for you and Benjamin. Kyle and I have only run two, but he's beat me in both. It gives them such pride.

And just wait until you get in the 40+ age bracket--you'll be getting all kinds of awards.

Great job!