Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A "Refreshing" Weekend

I spent this past weekend at a retreat center on Lake Yale in Leesburg, FL. Along with 275 other women, I was attending the annual gathering of the Florida-Bahamas Synodical Organization Women of the ELCA. Or in other words, a bunch of Lutheran women from Florida. Somehow, I had agreed to co-chair this gathering, so it wasn't quite the relaxing weekend others experienced. It was a lot of fun, though.

I've met some wonderful, crazy women through this organization. When I first started to attend, I was just about the youngest person there. Now, although I am still definitely on the young side, I've moved to a higher age bracket. How time flies.

Although it's wonderful to get away for the weekend, it is also a letdown when returning. I came back to all the same chores and respsonsiblities I had left, plus a backlog of things that did not get done while I was gone. I spent the entire day yesterday doing 8 or so loads of laundry (a full week's worth) while paying bills, going through the mail, and generally organizing the house. It left me feeling depressed. The problem with housework is that no matter how much you do, it has to be done again and again. It never ceases to frustrate me.

No comments: