- We played more board games with the kids. We do that a lot, anyway, but made some extra time during the week. Usually games are a weekend activity.
- I read two books. Since I've been working, I have often said that I don't have time to read anymore. Well, when you don't spend 3 hours watching American Idol and Survivor (my only two TV vices), you have more time to read.
- I did miss facebook. I like seeing what everyone else is up to. On the plus side, I didn't have any guilt from wasting time playing "bejeweled blitz," my favorite game.
- We spent more time outdoors. Over the weekend, we ran a 5K and rode our bikes. On Sunday night, we went to the Daytona Cubs and had a great time.
- I didn't find extra time to exercise on my own. I should have. But I didn't.
- I could easily give up TV for long periods of time. Not so the computer. The only time I wanted to watch TV was when I finished Marley and Me and Twilight. I wanted to rent the movies. I just put them on reserve at the library and am waiting for them to come in.
We'll do this again in September. It's a bi-annual event. Join us for the week. By then, we may be moving into our new house, so we probably won't even miss the screens!