Sunday, October 26, 2008

Optimism











I am feeling very optimistic today! When I woke up at 6:30 for an early run, it was 55 degrees - by far the coolest it's been this fall! I ran all the way to the bridge and back, for a total of 8.3 miles - by far the farthest I've run in a long time! All of my schoolwork is finished, so I had time to work in the house today. I spent over an hour simply cleaning the kitchen. It's probably the best cleaning it's gotten this school year.

Alexander and I rode our bikes to church, where we had a wonderful church service, belting out "A Mighty Fortress is Our God" in honor of Reformation Sunday. The congregation all wore red.

Yesterday we drove to City Island to cast our early ballots. I'm especially optimistic - the line was an hour long, and it's been that way all week. People are truly excited about this election. The atmosphere was electric. The boys watched us fill in the bubble next to Barack Obama!!! What an exciting time!

The weather today couldn't be better. When they were done cleaning, the boys spent the afternoon playing outside, with temps in the low 70's. I love fall in Florida!

1 comment:

dancer said...

Well you have had a busy week so far! That's great that you took the boys to watch you vote. They'll get an idea of how it all works.

We wear red on Pentecost. do you celebrate Pentecost? It's a big day for us. Our choir robes are red already so I don't have to find something red to wear, which is good!